macromedia.authorware

Cisco Security Agent vs. Authorware Web Player

Subject: Cisco Security Agent vs. Authorware Web Player
From: "Tarrkid"
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:56:25 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: macromedia.authorware

One of our customers is trying to use some of our Authorware-based eLearning on
their SABA-based LMS.  The customer complained that launch time was extremely
slow - taking five minutes, and their bandwidth is plenty healthy.

 Sounded to me like the web player was being downloaded each time - the longest
delay was at the very outset of launching - so we did some investigating...  I
had him looking for webplr.exe to see if it was persisting after he closed the
web browser, and this is what we've found...
 [Q]It is being detected by our Cisco Security Agent as an untrusted
application[/Q]
 He did eventually find webplr.exe where it's supposed to be, but commented
thusly:
 [Q]The problem is we don't have access as employees to view that folder. One
reason I was having trouble finding it.[/Q]
 I think that part's a red herring - although he wasn't able to browser the
folder, webplr.exe was obviously running from there, since my content was
running.  But what about the Cisco bit...?

 It seems odd that CSA would call webplr.exe an untrusted application, but
still allow it to run, and then apparently delete it once they closed the
browser.

 Has anyone had experience with Cisco Security Agent, or have any other clues
as to where I might head to solve thsi problem?