ma-linux@tux.org

Re: [Ma-linux] [Novalug] Volunteers Needed - Fose 2009!

Subject: Re: [Ma-linux] [Novalug] Volunteers Needed - Fose 2009!
From: Nick Danger
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:33:05 -0500
Im working on the schedule now. Thanks for everyone that said they'd
help out!! If you haven't said you wanted to help out, now is the time.
Booth duty is FUN! Apart from the standing for a while which can behard,
you get to meet people, talk about Linux and open source and give out
free stuff. And what is more fun the handing out free stuff? Its a free
software lovers dream. Booth visitors range from total newbies to people
that worked on the kernel for NSA. You never know who you'll meet. I can
say its probably the only time I will ever shake the hand of a General.

If you sent me an open schedule, I am going to assign you a sort of
random time to  "fill in". Note that the time is your time for booth
duty but you have admission to the event all 3 days. So the rest of the
time you can wander around, meet the vendors and enjoy the show. You
might even do that during "booth duty" time if its quiet, which
sometimes it is.

I plan on posting the schedule on Friday of this week so get your times
to me ASAP! And please, I know Im missing DCLug on this list, and CALug,
please spread the word to places I dont have the list addresses for. I
know many people would help if we reach out to them.

Thanks again everyone!

Nick