[m17n] Swiss date format in glibc (was: [m17n] Simplified Chinese in SuS

Subject: [m17n] Swiss date format in glibc was: [m17n] Simplified Chinese in SuSE
From: Mike FABIAN
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:48:32 +0200
Marc Waeckerlin <Marc.Waeckerlin@xxxxxxxxxxx> さんは書きました:

> Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2005 17.46 schrieb Mike FABIAN
>> mfabian@magellan:~$ LANG=de_CH.UTF-8 date
>> Die Mai 17 17:41:15 CEST 2005
>> mfabian@magellan:~$ LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 date
>> Di Mai 17 17:41:25 CEST 2005
>> mfabian@magellan:~$
>> This may be an error in glibc of course, if you think it
>> is you may file a bug in the glibc bugzilla.
> Definitively wrong. In Switzerland (and I suppose in Germany
> too), day is always before month and time is separated with
> a single dot. KDE does it right, it declares time as:
> "SS.MM:SEKSEK" and date as: "WOCHENTAG, tT. MONAT JJJJ" and
> short date as: "tT mM. JJ" (that's wrong AFAIK, day is
> always followed by a dot). So, with de_CH, your example
> should probably render to:
>   Dienstag, 17. Mai 2005 17.41:15

I recently reported an error in the output of the date command
in simplified Chinese locale, see

If you are sure that the Swiss time format in glibc is wrong,
it is probably a good idea to file a similar bugreport.

If you read the above bugreport you can easily make a similar
patch to change the time format in a Swiss locale.

Mike FABIAN   <mfabian@xxxxxxx>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian

For additional commands, e-mail: m17n-help@xxxxxxxx