linux.redhat

df reporting filesystem full

Subject: df reporting filesystem full
From: Arty
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:01:26 -0500
Newsgroups: linux.redhat
df reports that my var filesystem is full.  However it looks as if it is
very far from full.

# df -h
/dev/sda7             2.0G  1.9G   55M  98% /var
/dev/sda8              16G  4.1G   11G  28% /var/dat

# du -sh /var/
du: `/var/named/chroot/proc/25629/fd/4': No such file or directory
4.3G    /var

# du -shx /var
207M    /var

I was thinking it was a problem with the proc directory in the chrooted
bind installation.  However if I do a du on /var/named it only shows up
as 4.3M.

Any idea what could be causing this to show up as full? (df -i only
shows 4% btw.)