linux.debian.isp

Re: MySQL High Availability

Subject: Re: MySQL High Availability
From: Adam KOSA
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:49:24 +0100
Newsgroups: linux.debian.isp
Robin Vley wrote:
Frédéric VANNIÈRE wrote:

Hi!

There is also sqlrelay, The best solution would be a 2 way replication with load balancing and caching (writes on 1 server, reads on several one)

I have a MySQL4 setup with two servers, used on a Heartbeat2 2-node
This sounds nice. I stuck to plain things: rsync-ing the mysql data dir. This
takes a long time for the first time, but after that, it takes less than a
minute (~1.5 G data).
Last week i had a failure on the master, i set up the slave quite quickly so the
first test results were positive :)
Of course this in not SLA-like HA, only best effort HA.

Regards
Adam