Re: DNS return single IP for any domain

Subject: Re: DNS return single IP for any domain
From: Adam KOSA
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:46:46 +0100
Newsgroups: linux.debian.isp
 >I want to create a view such that clients
 >beloging to that view are returned the same
 > IP for any domain they request. Is it possible ?

Christofer Algosson wrote:

Restrict webaccess?
This has been discussed may times before, please search the lists.

Actually, I've been reading this list for about a year and don't recall too much converstaion on what I think the OP asked.
However, the OP's question is hard to parse. Perhaps he'd clarify?

Perhaps the question could be asked:

    Can I munge bind so it always returns the same
    IP no matter what domain is queried ?

well, i doubt  that this is useful.

- client may use ip addresses
- client may use own dns server (perhaps local /etc/hosts)
- seems a silly request to me :)

    Can I redirect all http requests to a page I control?

      "transparent proxy"

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -i $interface -j DNAT --to
however it can be bypassed (proxy, tunnels etc). you should reconsider your
plans, or use a less specific iptables rule (without port and protocol).
by the way: start reading docs, since the above iptables dnat example is the
first from the netfilter nat howto.