lemonade@ietf.org

Re: [lemonade] VFOLDER and mutable fields/WITHIN

Subject: Re: [lemonade] VFOLDER and mutable fields/WITHIN
From: Dave Cridland
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:29:48 +0000
On Sun Nov 19 12:43:46 2006, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Dave Cridland writes:
Well... In fact, I think current proposals prevent selection of
virtual mailboxes by naïve clients anyway.

How so?

I thought there was talk of to require clients to show knowledge of virtual mailboxes before they appear in LIST. Of course, I wrote this without checking the current draft, being the weekend and all, so I've not checked which way the debate settled.

IIRC, that debate revolved around naïve clients potentially automatically synchronizing all mailboxes without realizing they're downloading many messages multiple times in the case of virtual mailboxes.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx - xmpp:dwd@xxxxxxxxxx
 - http://dave.cridland.net/