laptop-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [laptop-discuss] APIC Error interupt

Subject: Re: [laptop-discuss] APIC Error interupt
From: Michael Li
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:48:11 +0800

James Cornell wrote:
> Leif Haldorsen wrote:
>> Hi folks
>> I'm getting the following error messages when booting Solaris 5.11 (v74)  to
>> both 32bit and 64bit version:
>> APIC Error interupt on CPU 0. Status 0 = 0, Status 1 = 40.
>> sometimes 1 error line, other times up to 4 error lines.
>>
>> Do anybody have a clue?
>> My self, I do not have a clue about it, and can not find any information
>> about it either.  The BIOS does not have the options see or to make changes
>> to any thing else than boot sequence and other not so important things.
>>
>> Can I assume that my laptop will be well behaved when running with these
>> errors?
>> I'm worried about possible implications form this error.
>>
>> As an example - when i used NDIS v1.1 to make and set up my built inn
>> wireless (broadcom 4318), i first did this from 64 bit mode but this
>> resulted in a panic crash after reboot when coming to the point where the
>> GUI should start.

NDIS1.1 can not support bcm4318 in 64bit mode, but 32bit mode. This
issue has nothing to do with APIC.

- Michael

Thereafter I made a 32bit boot and installed the 32bit drivers from this
mode. This worked fine, so i continued with the project and at the end i
ended up with the solution of only to copy the 64bit drivers to their
locations without making use of add_drv for the 64bit drivers.  this did
the trick and everything seems to work fine.