laptop-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [laptop-discuss] Re: Re: Re: Wireless driver for sol x86? wpi

Subject: Re: [laptop-discuss] Re: Re: Re: Wireless driver for sol x86? wpi
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:05:28 -0700
Sacres,

How about the wepkey index?
AFAIK, the wepkey index has been hard coding to 1 in NWAM phase 0. So, when your AP's wepkeyindex is other than 1, you can't connect to the AP with nwam. The only way is using wificonfig tool, for example: you have a profile "my_ap":

%wificonfig setprofileparam my_ap wepkeyindex=X (1-4, refer to AP setting)
then try connect again. Good luck!

Thanks,

Michael

s acres wrote:
Thanks for the replies Brian. Can't seem to get wep to work though. Tried with nwam, I pick my AP, the pop-up asking for key appears, I enter key ...it appears again, no luck ... doesn't connect. Any ideas or the preferred way to connect wpi0 to wep enabled ap (128-bit)?

Thanks,

Steve