laptop-discuss@opensolaris.org

[laptop-discuss] [Fwd: Inspiron 5150 - Some problems with bfe driver and

Subject: [laptop-discuss] [Fwd: Inspiron 5150 - Some problems with bfe driver and battery monitor.]
From: Tony Nguyen
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:38:53 -0700
Forwarding as this is not SVM related.

-tony

-------- Original Message --------
Date:   Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:19:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Kevin MacPherson <boylinux@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     lvm-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've recently installed Nevada 55b on my Inspiron. I have managed to get most
everything working except the bfe driver and a battery monitor.

The bfe driver when trying to compile keeps giving me and error on sys/mac.c. I
also say an iso which is an ITU image? What are itu images? I could not find
much on these online.

For battery monitor I'll have have found stuff online but have not had a chance
to look at it yet.

I also noticed a Solaris Internals book. Is this more for kernel hackers or
more of an advanced O/S admin book?