laptop-discuss@opensolaris.org

Re: [laptop-discuss] Re: intel 3945abg

Subject: Re: [laptop-discuss] Re: intel 3945abg
From: "陶捷 (Euler Tao)"
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:15:10 +0800
yes...I need the 82801 sound driver and the 3945 WLAN driver as well.
Working without music and bound by the network are boring things.

2007/1/18, Kristian Rink <kawazu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I don't have an answer to that one but would like to second the question. :) Actually, running (Open)Solaris on server and/or workstation hardware seems to be a comfortable thing these days, but, according to the Sun Device Detection Tool, on my Toshiba Tecra A8 there are only two things not yet to work with Solaris. And living without sound (intel-based, 82801G) is easier on a business notebook than living without WLAN.

The chip in question is a 3945BG. Is ndiswrapper working with this device on Solaris? Are there any native drivers available already? I've seen a discussion in the archive here ( http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=14684&tstart=60 ), but commens there are kinda old...

Thanks in advance and bye,
Kristian