language-bindings@gnome.org

Re: Introspection API

Subject: Re: Introspection API
From: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro"
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:52:01 +0000
On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:20 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>I have written up a draft spec for the format of the binary metadata
>to back up the repository api which I posted earlier. I hope to have
>some initial code implementing both of these soon.
>
>Comments highly appreciated,

  OK, I probably missed something but, exactly how are language bindings
supposed to get the actual API function pointers?  All I can see is
function name.  Should we use dlsym() (or glib equivalent abstraction)?

  Once we get the function pointer, are we supposed to use libffi to
call the function with the actual parameters?

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>