l4-hurd@gnu.org

Re: How come DRM would provide anything?

Subject: Re: How come DRM would provide anything?
From: Pierre THIERRY
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:53:34 +0100
Scribit Bas Wijnen dies 05/12/2005 hora 17:12:
> Just because the chip doesn't tell you the private key it uses doesn't
> mean "we have no clue what's inside".

What I wanted to say is that in contrary to generic chips like our CPUs,
those TC chips can be very easily tweaked to insert backdoors. As I'm
ready to trust Intel not to tweak it's Pentium to enable some Hurdish
backdoor, it's easy for the TC chips to insert a TC backdoor, as they're
very specific to a security issue.

As they are black boxes (but no more than the CPU, FWIW), we can't know
whether they do what they're supposed to or if they could obey someone
to do anything else.

Doubtfully,
Nowhere man
--