kandula-dev@ws.apache.org

Re: Unable to view list of deployed services

Subject: Re: Unable to view list of deployed services
From: Aneez Backer
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:17:24 -0700 PDT
Hi

Tomcat 5.5 does not work with Java 1.4

To make it work some additional JAR files have to be placed in the Tomcat library. These JAR files constitute the Compatibility Package

I placed them in the required folders and got the server up and running.
Before trying Kandula, I had successfully deployed the sample examples that are shipped with Axis and got the expected results.

But  when I tried to deploy Kandula, the error mentioned in the previous mail came.

I will now try to install Tomcat 5.0.28

other softwares am using are:

1) j2sdk1.4.2_03
2) Axis 1.4
3)Maven 1.0.2
4) Ant 1.7.0

thanks
aneez

Dasarath Weeratunge <dweeratu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Aneez Backer :

> I re-installed Apache Tomcat (5.5) and had the compatibility package also
> installed.

What's this compatibility package?

> - Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: InteropServiceSoapBindingImpl
> (Unsupport
> ed major.minor version 50.0)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

InteropServiceSoapBindingImpl is a test case. You do not need to deploy test
cases to test whether Kandula gets deployed "successfully". There are many
other services in the Kandula implementation itself that get deployed and show
up on the deployed services page.

Chances are that this error has nothing to do with Kandula. Most likely it is
the result of some incompatibility among the different components that you are
using-- jdk, Tomcat, Axis etc. or some part of the build that did not get
rebuilt when you switched runtimes (make sure that you do a clean build). I
use Tomcat 5.0 and jdk 1.4.2 and things work OK. You might post the question
to tomcat/axis mailing lists (note that error was thrown by AxisServlet) to
see whether anyone else has come across a
similar problem.

--dasarath