kandula-dev@ws.apache.org

Re: Unable to view list of deployed services

Subject: Re: Unable to view list of deployed services
From: Dasarath Weeratunge
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:35:31 -0400
Quoting Aneez Backer <aneez_backer@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I re-installed Apache Tomcat (5.5) and had the compatibility package also
> installed.

What's this compatibility package?

> - Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: InteropServiceSoapBindingImpl
> (Unsupport
> ed major.minor version 50.0)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

InteropServiceSoapBindingImpl is a test case. You do not need to deploy test
cases to test whether Kandula gets deployed "successfully". There are many
other services in the Kandula implementation itself that get deployed and show
up on the deployed services page.

Chances are that this error has nothing to do with Kandula. Most likely it is
the result of some incompatibility among the different components that you are
using-- jdk, Tomcat, Axis etc. or some part of the build that did not get
rebuilt when you switched runtimes (make sure that you do a clean build). I
use Tomcat 5.0 and jdk 1.4.2 and things work OK. You might post the question
to tomcat/axis mailing lists (note that error was thrown by AxisServlet) to
see whether anyone else has come across a
similar problem.

--dasarath