java@gcc.gnu.org

Re: trying to run Tomcat

Subject: Re: trying to run Tomcat
From: Per Bothner
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:14:46 -0800
Anthony Green wrote:
I don't see this.  Can you confirm that you're using the gcj
"alternative"?  I have....

That seems to have been the problem. Looks like at some point I
did something to change this.

Shouldn't the Tomcats use gcj regardless of what alternatives
have been configures - at least as long as it depends on a
specific alternative?

So my write-up:
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/server/Tomcat-setup.html
now has a section on "Tomcat on Fedora Core 4".
It seems to work. Cool!

Later I'll figure out how to use the new Kawa package in
"extras".  Perhaps you'll let me know as the cut-off for FC5
approaches, and we can make sure it has the latest and greatest
features?
--
        --Per Bothner