java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Storing image with Lucene

Subject: Re: Storing image with Lucene
From: Anshum
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:14:18 +0530
Hi,
Lucene supports string/int literals for indexing and searching. In other
words, anything that can be transformed into a string/int can be consumed by
the lucene api. Moreover, so are you trying to implement an image search? In
that case perhaps you'd have to either figure out a transform else try
something else.
If it is mere storage of an image in lucene (for a particular doc, to be
fetched) you may as well do what is done by other similar engines behind the
scenes e.g. for blob objects. Just store a path/link to the actual image
instead of image in the index and fetch it at runtime (in the wrapper code).

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!