java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Search By Phrase Not Working

Subject: Re: Search By Phrase Not Working
From: sadronmeldir
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 07:43:17 -0700 PDT
Hello, apologies for the typo before. I mean "Rain of Fire" but sleep
deprivation had gotten the better of me.

I've used Luke to get more details about the problem. Below, I've listed one
of the docs that I would expect to return a hit on a query of (text:"rain
fire").

stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<channelID:Help>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<day:6>
stored/uncompressed,indexed<detail:>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<hour:22>
stored/uncompressed,indexed<minute:19>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<month:10>
stored/uncompressed,indexed<second:59>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized,termVector,termVectorPosition<text:It'd
be "powexecname Rain of Fire$$L <song lyrics here>">
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<userID:Huntsman Jackal>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<year:2009>

The doc text (It'd be "powexecname Rain of Fire$$L <song lyrics here>") is
being tokenized into (it'd, null_1, powexecname, rain, null_1, fire, l,
song, lyrics, here). From this, I realized that position holes were being
created due to stop words, so my phrase search needed a slop > 0. It works
just fine then.

Thanks for the help!