java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Analyzing performance and memory consumption for boolean queries

Subject: Re: Analyzing performance and memory consumption for boolean queries
From: Nigel
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:54:03 -0400
Hi Uwe,

Good points, thank you.  The obvious place where GC really has to work hard
is when index changes are rsync'd over and we have to open the new index and
close the old one.  Our slow performance times don't seem to be directly
correlated with the index rotation, but maybe it just appears that way,
since it may take a little while before GC kicks in to try to recover the
objects used by the closed index.

Chris