Re: Index Concurrent access

Subject: Re: Index Concurrent access
From: João Silva
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:10:41 +0100
I mike, thanks.

I rewrite my problem:

I trying to implement a web tool for uploading documents,
for now i'm implementing basic operations, to upload the
and retrieve the users files, so it can read  and/or
modify/delete them.
Imagine tha i have several users performing that operations,
is there any implementation(pool,threading, etc) in lucene
to perform that kindo of operations.

I already seen the Lucene-1026 that initially implemented some
kind of that functionality, but it was abandoned.

Is there any following implementations of that ticket?

Its a single jvm and tool will work in a webserver.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Simon
> Willnauer<simon.willnauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Mike I guess you mean a single VM (JRE rather refers to a version or
> > vendor) - Just wanna clarify.
> Right, I meant a "single java process", so I guess an instance of a JVM?
> Within that instance, many threads can be doing writing against an index.
> Mike

João Carlos Galaio da Silva