java-user@lucene.apache.org

IndexSearcher

Subject: IndexSearcher
From: liat oren
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:40:13 +0200
Hi,

I would like to do a search that will return documents that contain a given
word.
For example, I created the following index:

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter("C:/TryIndex", new StandardAnalyzer());
Document doc = new Document();
 doc.add(new Field(WordIndex.FIELD_WORLDS, "111 222 333", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
writer.addDocument(doc);
doc = new Document();
doc.add(new Field(WordIndex.FIELD_WORLDS, "111", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
writer.addDocument(doc);
  doc = new Document();
  doc.add(new Field(WordIndex.FIELD_WORLDS, "222 333", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));
  writer.addDocument(doc);
writer.optimize();
 writer.close();

now I want to get all the documents that contain the word "222".

I tried to run  the following code but it doesn;t return any doc

  IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);

//  //  TermQuery mapQuery = new TermQuery(new Term(FIELD_WORLDS,
worldNum)); - this one also didn't word
QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(FIELD_WORLDS, analyzer);
 Query query = parser.parse(worldNum);
  Hits mapHits = searcher.search(query);

Thanks a lot,
Liat