java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: sharing SearchIndexer

Subject: Re: sharing SearchIndexer
From: "Ian Lea"
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:50:23 +0100
Simon

There is nothing in lucene to detect that an index has changed and
automagically reopen an IndexReader.

You can do the notification from your indexing thread, or every nnn
mins, or whatever makes sense for your application.  Note that
IndexReader.reopen() does nothing if the index has not changed - see
the javadocs.

--
Ian.