Re: Security filtering from external DB

Subject: Re: Security filtering from external DB
From: "Jake Mannix"
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:33:50 -0800
  You can make this search much more efficient as follows: say that you have
a method

public BooleanQuery createQuery(Collection<String> allowedUUIDs);

  that works as you describe.  Then you can easily create a useful reusable
filter as follows:

  Filter filter = new CachingWrapperFilter(new

  this filter will cache BitSets keyed on IndexReader instances, so hang
onto it and use it for
the entire time your uuidCollection doesn't change.

   Hope this helps.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Gabriel Landais <landais@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>