java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Security filtering from external DB

Subject: Re: Security filtering from external DB
From: "Jake Mannix"
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:33:50 -0800
Gabriel,
  You can make this search much more efficient as follows: say that you have
a method

public BooleanQuery createQuery(Collection<String> allowedUUIDs);

  that works as you describe.  Then you can easily create a useful reusable
filter as follows:

  Filter filter = new CachingWrapperFilter(new
QueryFilter(createQuery(uuidCollection)));

  this filter will cache BitSets keyed on IndexReader instances, so hang
onto it and use it for
the entire time your uuidCollection doesn't change.

   Hope this helps.

  -jake