java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Problem using Lucene on Ubuntu

Subject: Re: Problem using Lucene on Ubuntu
From: Grant Ingersoll
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:56:49 -0500
How are you loading the document into the content variable below? My guess is still that you have different locales on Windows and Ubuntu.

(Btw, sorry about the java-user comment. I should wake up before sending responses. For some reason I thought the email was sent to java-dev)

-Grant

On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:44 AM, kratoras wrote:

Actually what i figured out just now is that the problem is on the indexing part. A document with a 15MB size is transformed in a 23MB index which is not normal since on windows for the same document the index is 3MB. For the
indexing i use:
writer = new IndexWriter(index, new GreekAnalyzer(), !index.exists());
and to add documents:
doc.add(new
Field("contents",content,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

where "content" is a string with the content of the document. Should i
convert this string to UTF-8 using getBytes before i write it to the index??

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com

Lucene Helpful Hints: