java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Different levels of negative boosting

Subject: Re: Different levels of negative boosting
From: Grant Ingersoll
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:02:51 -0500
Hi Prabin,

Can you give an example of what you would like a query to look like? Lucene doesn't do negative boosts (ok, w/ a patch, I think it can, but...) At any rate, the boosts are relative, so perhaps you just lower the boost to be very small for the "bad" terms and raise it higher for the good terms.

What is the end goal of what you are trying to find? Perhaps there are some alternatives.

-Grant

On Jan 31, 2008, at 2:49 PM, prabin meitei wrote:

Hi, I want to give different levels of negative boost (reduce the score) to documents for different matching queries. How it can be done?? Googling I
found out this link
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/CommunityContributions but it just
gives the option of giving single level negative boost.
is there any way of having multiple matching queries and give them different
negative boosts???

Regards,
Prabin

Grant Ingersoll