java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Pagination

Subject: Re: Pagination
From: markharw00d
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 19:40:16 +0100
It looks that we may have different cases.

I was hoping to answer the original question which was how to retrieve pages of matching documents from a Lucene index (no database mentioned).

>>So far worked just fine. I have 5000 rows of items and I think will still work fine later when I'd have 100K items.

I have a Lucene-plus-database hybrid application with 100 million documents running a business today, taking daily updates. Trust me, I don't store Lucene doc ids in the database because it is not a scalable or robust approach for the reasons I outlined earlier :)

Cheers,
Mark