java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Search for null

Subject: Re: Search for null
From: Jay Yu
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:57:28 -0700
If you want performance, a better way might be to assign some special string/value (if it's easy to create) to the missing field of docs and index the field without tokenizing it. Then you may search for that special value to find the docs.

Jay

Les Fletcher wrote:
Does this particular range query have any significant performance issues?

Les

Erik Hatcher wrote:

On Jul 23, 2007, at 11:32 AM, testn wrote:
Is it possible to search for the document that specified field doesn't exist
or such field value is null?

This is from Solr, so I'm not sure off the top of my head if this mojo applies by itself, but a search for -fieldname:[* TO *] will result in all documents that do not have the specified field.

    Erik