java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Partial Word Matches

Subject: Re: Partial Word Matches
From: "Erick Erickson"
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:33:11 -0500
That's not the default behavior, so I'm perplexed. Normally, you have to go
to considerable effort to get partial matches....

What analyzers are you using at both index and query time? Perhaps as short
a code snippet as you could make showing this behavior would be a good thing
to post. I flat guarantee folks will look at it. But please make it short
<G>.

Best
ERick

On 11/11/06, Storey, Jeff <jeff.storey@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. I'm using Lucene to do some searching (using the Searcher object and
passing it a ParsedQuery). I search for a word such as "long" and it is
returning partial matches, such as "belong" and "along." Is there a way
to turn off this behavior and only match whole words?

Thank you,

Jeff