java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: default AND operator

Subject: Re: default AND operator
From: "no spam"
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:47:36 -0400
Truly I am new to Lucene.  That's the missing part ... I'm looking at the
stored values and not the indexed terms.

Mark

On 9/17/06, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) maybe you didn't really use StandardAnalyzer when the index was built?
2) keep in mind there is a differnece between the indexed terms (matched
when doing queries) and the the stored values of fields which are
displayed when you look at docs -- the stored values are never affected by
the analyzer.  when you say you still see apostophes in your index, are
you looking at hte stored values, or are you looking ta the indexed Terms?
.. as i recall Luke lets you see both.

-Hoss