java-user@lucene.apache.org

Re: Lucene, TREC, and WT10G

Subject: Re: Lucene, TREC, and WT10G
From: Grant Ingersoll
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:32:47 -0400
It is up to you to create a program to do this, but it is relatively easy. You may want to search the web, chances are someone has posted code to do this, as a number of people have used Lucene in TREC in the past.

Good luck,
Grant

thanh nguyen wrote:
Hi trupti,

Thank for your response. I have another question.
Whether Lucene can receive a topic file  like "<TOP>
<NUM> 1 <TITLE>  abc def </TOP>" and produce a
result_file  which we can use  with trec_eval program
(trec_eval relevant_file result_file , relevant_file
is the judgement file of TREC for these topic) ??

Thank you in advance,
Thanh.

--- trupti mulajkar <acp05tm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ÄÃ
viát:
Lucene can index the trec documents, but depends how
you want to index them.
If you want to index the sub files in the TREC DAtA
then you have to modify the
IndexFiles.java to read the tags else you can index
them normally.
cheers,
trupti mulajkar

Quoting thanh nguyen <ngay01032006@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

Did anyone use Lucene to index WT10G? Can it index
WT10G in compressed format (.gz) or we have to
unzip
it first?

Further more, does Lucene support TREC format? I
mean
can it receive a topic file like "<TOP> <NUM> 1
<TITLE>  abc def </TOP>" and produce a results
file
which we can use  with trec_eval program?

Any help will be appretiated,
Thanh

For additional commands, e-mail:
java-user-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grant Ingersoll Sr. Software Engineer Center for Natural Language Processing Syracuse University School of Information Studies 335 Hinds Hall Syracuse, NY 13244 http://www.cnlp.org Voice: 315-443-5484 Fax: 315-443-6886