java-user@lucene.apache.org

Compressed BitSet

Subject: Compressed BitSet
From: Dupriez Christophe
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:17:02 +0100 CET
I am about to evaluate Lucene for replacing
current IR system of Belgian Poison Center.

We are used to manage query refinements by
combining different searches with boolean
operators: we thus have to store the results
(or otherwise to remake them). Our current
software does this by paging compressed bit
sets on disk. I did not saw (up to now)
an object like Compressed BitSets in Lucene.

Browsing the web, I found a very interesting
class, near of what we currently use:
http://www.iis.uni-stuttgart.de/intset/

What Lucene's developpers think
about this issue ?