java-user@lucene.apache.org

Store object into Lucene index

Subject: Store object into Lucene index
From: "Samuru Jackson"
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:55:50 +0100
Is there a way to save an object to the a lucene index?

In my project I noticed that the performance bottleneck is my
database. Lucene gives back a result in no time but to retrieve the
corresponding data sets at the backend in the database can take long
especially if you need to execeute many queries.

What I thought about is to store as much data as possible to the
indexed document and the best thing would be to save the model
(including corresponding relations 1:n and stuff like that).

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!