java-dev@lucene.apache.org

Re: NewIndexModifier - - - DeletingIndexWriter

Subject: Re: NewIndexModifier - - - DeletingIndexWriter
From: "jian chen"
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:31:23 -0800
Hey guys,

Following the Lucene dev mailing list for sometime now, I am concerned that
lucene is slowing losing all the simplicity and become a complicated mess.

I think keeping IndexReader and IndexWriter the way it works in 1.2 even is
better, no?

Software should be designed to be simple to use and maintain, that's my
concern.

Cheers,

Jian

On 2/9/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/9/07, Doug Cutting <cutting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yonik Seeley wrote:
> > As long as you wouldn't object to a org.apache.lucene package in
Solr...
> > With the understanding of course, that the onus would be on Solr
developers
> > to keep up with any changes.
>
> I wouldn't object to that.  Would you?

Nope... Solr bundles Lucene, so if there are changes that take longer
to adapt to - so be it.  Solr doesn't need to work with every Lucene
version.

-Yonik