Re: Contrib in oblivion

Subject: Re: Contrib in oblivion
From: Erik Hatcher
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:14:18 -0500
On 12 Nov 2005, at 06:15, Paul Elschot wrote:
I upgraded ant and building from contrib/surround/build.xml works
here.
However

ant build-contrib

using the lucene build.xml currently fails at compiling the lucene
test code.

Help me out here... the error message please :)

At revision 332756:
This is the (slightly edited) first error message that I get from
ant compile-test

common.compile-test:
    [javac] Compiling 5 source files to .../trunk/build/classes/test
    [javac] .../trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/
TestStandardAnalyzer.java:3: package junit.framework does not exist
    [javac] import junit.framework.TestCase;

I get the same error message for ant build-contrib.
This is a classic Ant/JUnit issue. JUnit's JAR is best put in
ANT_HOME/lib, which I presume is not the case in your environment. I
always put it there as soon as I install Ant. Having junit.jar
somewhere else outside the classpath that Ant runs with has always
been problematic classloader-wise.
    Erik

For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]