XML validation with extendable schema

Subject: XML validation with extendable schema
From: "Marcus Wejderot"
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:09:03 +0100 CET
I have an XML document that I suspect should not pass validation, but
does. I would very much appreciate some comments on this issue. The
document and schemas are included below. The <a/> element can include any
other element. The processContent attribute is set to "lax", meaning that
content is validated if a schema is found. Since a default schema is
specified, I believe that the <b/> and <c/> element should be validated
according to this schema. In this case, only the <b/> element should be
valid, but the document is considered valid! Is it something I have
missed, or is it a bug in Xerces?

=================== a.xsd ===================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://a.com";