Re: [TLS] Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation (Transport Layer Secur

Subject: Re: [TLS] Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Renegotiation Indication Extension) to Proposed Standard
From: Florian Weimer
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 08:34:29 +0000
* Chris Newman:

> This the most time-sensitive and security-critical IETF draft with
> respect to impact on the Internet community that I have seen in 17
> years of IETF participation.

Standard vendor response is to disable broken protocol features.  This
has been done countless times for core protocols, and I guess it would
work here, too.  Fixing the protocol is desirable, but there's still a
backup plan.  Let's not pretend otherwise. 8-)

--
Florian Weimer                <[email protected]>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99