Re: [TLS] Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation (Transport Layer Secur

Subject: Re: [TLS] Last Call: draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Renegotiation Indication Extension) to Proposed Standard
From: Cullen Jennings
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:18:10 -0700
On Dec 1, 2009, at 4:36 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

>> On Nov 30, 2009, at 5:37 PM, The IESG wrote:
>>
>>> The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
>>> (tls) to consider the following document:
>>>
>>> - 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Renegotiation Indication Extension '
>>>  <draft-ietf-tls-renegotiation-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard
>>>
>>> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
>>> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
>>> [email protected] mailing lists by 2009-12-14. Exceptionally,
>>> comments may be sent to [email protected] instead. In either case, please
>>> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

I've been following this draft since early Oct and support publishing it. I
realize there are many things we could do and an infinite amount of time could
be spend examine. I believe that lots of people have thought about the problem
and solutions space and this draft represents a good compromise on acting soon
vs analyzing the solutions space forever.

Cullen <in my individual contributor role>