ietf@ietf.org

Re: One Day Pass Proposal was Re: One Day Pass for newcomers

Subject: Re: One Day Pass Proposal was Re: One Day Pass for newcomers
From: Joel Jaeggli
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:25:22 -0700

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2009, at 5:21 PM, James M. Polk wrote:

> These are valid observations, but I don't see that they affect the
> current day pass proposal. We plan to allow freedom to change the pass
> at will. While I would love to be able to change airline policy to
> match, I don't think they will listen to the IETF on this issue.

Bear in mind that we change schedules and cancel meetings
right up to and during the ietf week. There likely is an element of risk
associated with planning on being there for one or very few meetings
that is no different than was previously present. local attendees are
less handicapped in this regard.