iabs-talk@nfbnet.org

[Iabs-talk] Committee Appointments

Subject: [Iabs-talk] Committee Appointments
From: (Patti S. Gregory-Chang)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:17:43 +0000
Here is the first set of committee appointments for 2008.  I am still missing
some people like the ISVI students and some scholarship recipients.  Please let
me know if you would like to be added to any of these committees.  Also since I
realize spelling is not one of my strengths, please let me know if I need to
 fix your name.

2008 NFBI appointments:
updated12/11/07

State Legislation Committee
(Responsible for State Legislative action.)
Co-Chairs: Bill Reif and Mary Lou Grunwald
Bruce Paul
Denise Avant
Marco Giannotti
Janice Creighton
Jemal Powell
Dan Randolph
Janice Jeang

Federal Legislation
Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action
Co-Chairs Annette Grove and Syed Yussifuddin
Daryl Washington
Anthony Thomas
Jamal Powel
Rob Hobson
Janice Jeang
David Wright
Christella Garcia

Renewal Committee
(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and
building new members. Need to coordinate NFBI leaders visiting chapters
Chair: Carmen Dennis
LeAnne Mayne
Kelly Doty
Bill Reif
Cathy Randall
Ronza Othman
Connie DAVIS

Spring Seminar Committee
(Plan and carry out our Spring Student Seminar.)
Co-Chairs Debbie Stein and Ronza Othman
Carmen Dennis
Cathy Randall
Lori Brown
Alyson Slaughter
Michelle Wesley
Kelly Doty
Bob Gardner
Bruce Paul
Bill Reif
Steven Kissel
Megan Joost
LeAnne Mayne

Scholarship Committee
(Decides who is awarded scholarships and externships. Mentors those persons at
convention and throughout the Summer time.)
Chair Debbie Stein
Cathy Randall
Debbie Pittman
Kelly Doty
Larry Balthis
Cathy Kelley
Bruce Paul
Ronza Othman

Development Committee
(Does grant proposals. Sends out annual appeal. Handles things like our letter
to estates attorneys.)
Chair: Cathy Randall
Linda Villa
George Villa
Kelly Doty
Ronza Othman

Fund Raising and Budget Committee
(Responsible for all Fund Raising events e.g. Carson Days, Certificates,
Obtoberfest, and Won-Ton-O-Fun. Responsible for putting together an annual
budget for presentation to the board.)
Chair Joseph Monti
Bill Isaacs
Terry Leap
Kelly Doty
Tony Torregrossa
Syed Yussifuddin
Bob Widman
Don Jordon
Caroline Randolph
Bruce Paul
Brian Sumner

Rehabilitation/Advocacy Committee
(Advocates with ORS and ICREWOOD for blind residence of Illinois.)
Chair Cathy Randall
Charlene Elder
Annette Grove
LeAnne Mayne
Bob Gardner
Sharon Howerton

Press Committee
(Responsible for getting as much press contact for our convention as possible.)
Chair: Denise Avant
Leanne Mayne
Charlene Elder
Carmen Dennis
Debbie Stein
Bob Gardner
Syed Yussiffuddin
Anthony Thomas
Sharon Howerton
Megan Joost
Bob Widman
Alyson Slaughter

Special Events Committee
(Plans and carries out all aspects of our conventions except for press, sends
out convention bulletin, and plans board meetings.)
Chair: Bob Gardner
Ronza Othman
Bill Isaacs
Ruth Isaacs
Leanne Main
Kelly Doty
Carmen Dennis
Connie davis
Cathy Randall
Linda Villa
George Villa
Joseph Monti
Mary Monti
Nancy Gardner
Donald Jordon

Webpage Committee
(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will
design, and implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the
webmaster in a timely fashion.)
Chair: RuthAnne Wheeler
Byron Lee
Connie Davis
LeAnne Mayne
MarcoGiannotti
Debbie Pittman
David Wright

Resolution Committee
I will appoint this committee closer to convention 08
For 07 the following served Chair: Bill Reif
David Meyer
Debbie Pittman
Carmen Dennis
George Villa
Ronza Othman
Bruce Paul
Jan Creighton
Alyson Slaughter
Mary Lou Grunwald

Newsletter Braille Examiner Committee
Co-Editors Debbie Stein and Connie Davis
Carmen Dennis
Debbie Pittman
LeAnne Mayne
Megan Joost
Imagination Fund Coordinator
LeAnne Mayne

Library Committee Representative
David Meyer

Newsline Coordinator
David Meyer
Byron Lee (backup)

Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator
Kelly Doty

Blind Services Planning Council
NFBI Representative: Bill Reif

Protocol Development Coordinator
(Goal here is to further develop protocols for the affiliate as to how to
handle different things like memorials, Chappell awards, notification of NFBI
board by chapter presidents etc.)
Patti Chang to coordinate -

Mentoring for 2008 National Convention
Ronza Othman
Debbie Stein
Cathy Randall

Choir
Leader: Pam Gilmore

Chappel Award Committee
(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding people to
attend events.)
(The membership of this committee remains anonymous.)

--
Patti S. Gregory-Chang
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois