i-d-announce@ietf.org

I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-05.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-05.txt
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 11:00:01 -0800 PST
This draft is a work item of the HTTP State Management Mechanism Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTP State Management Mechanism
        Author(s)       : A. Barth
        Filename        : draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-05.txt
        Pages           : 34
        Date            : 2010-03-07

This document defines the HTTP Cookie and Set-Cookie headers.  These
headers can be used by HTTP servers to store state on HTTP user
agents, letting the servers maintain a stateful session over the
mostly stateless HTTP protocol.  The cookie protocol has many
historical infelicities that degrade its security and privacy.

NOTE: If you have suggestions for improving the draft, please send

email to http-state@xxxxxxxxx  Suggestions with test cases are

especially appreciated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-05.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-05.txt>