i-d-announce@ietf.org

I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-05.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-05.txt
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 00:45:01 -0700 PDT
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

        Title           : DCCP Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate
NAT/Middlebox Traversal
        Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-05.txt
        Pages           : 29
        Date            : 2008-10-08

This document specifies an update to the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP), a connection-oriented and datagram-based transport
protocol.  The update adds support for the DCCP-Listen packet.  This
assists DCCP applications to communicate through middleboxes (e.g. a
DCCP server behind a firewall, or a Network Address Port Translator),
where peering endpoints need to initiate communication in a near-
simultaneous manner to establish necessary middlebox state.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-05.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-05.txt>