i-d-announce@ietf.org

I-D Action:draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-00.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-00.txt
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:30:01 -0700 PDT

        Title           : Evolution of the IP Model
        Author(s)       : D. Thaler
        Filename        : draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-00.txt
        Pages           : 22
        Date            : 2008-10-27

This draft attempts to document various aspects of the IP service
model and how it has evolved over time.  In particular, it attempts
to document the properties of the IP layer as they are seen by upper-
layer protocols and applications, and especially properties which
were (and at times still are) incorrectly perceived to exist, as well
as properties that changing would cause problems.  Finally, it
provides some guidance to protocol designers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-ip-model-evolution-00.txt>