i-d-announce@ietf.org

I-D ACTION:draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00.txt

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00.txt
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:00:01 -0700 PDT
directories.

        Title           : Dialog Event foR Identity VErification

        Author(s)       : J. Kuthan, D. Sisalem, R. Coeffic, V. Pascual
        Filename        : draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00.txt
        Pages           : 24
        Date            : 2008-10-27

This document provides a simple mechanism to prevent an attacker from
   presenting a forged "From" header field.  It offers an end-to-end
   identity assumption which does not require any previous association
   or trust relationship between administrative domains or the UAs.  The
   UAS verifies the "From" header by subscribing to the Dialog Event
   package [RFC 4235] at the AOR in the "From" header field.  If the
   entity calling is registered under this AOR, it will confirm that it
   is calling by sending some valid dialog state.  In this case, the
   identity of the caller is considered to be verified.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuthan-sip-derive-00.txt>