i-d-announce@ietf.org

[Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-05.txt

Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-05.txt
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700 PDT
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the
IETF.

        Title           : Inclusion of Manageability Sections in PCE Working
Group Drafts
        Author(s)       : A. Farrel
        Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-05.txt
        Pages           : 12
        Date            : 2008-10-15

It has often been the case that manageability considerations have
been retrofitted to protocols after they have been specified,
standardized, implemented, or deployed. This is sub-optimal.

Similarly, new protocols or protocol extensions are frequently
designed without due consideration of manageability requirements.

This document specifies the recommendation for all new
Internet-Drafts in the PCE Working Group to include a
"Manageability Considerations" section, and gives guidance on what
that section should contain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-05.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements-05.txt>