help-cfengine@gnu.org

Re: New problem with multi-honed machine

Subject: Re: New problem with multi-honed machine
From: Ed Brown
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:56:56 -0600

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 08:21, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>  Is there some trick
> to generating keys bound to specific ip addresses?

Everything is easier if $fqhost resolves to the ip address you want to
do cfengine through.  (Actually, that's the only way I've got things to
work, though it might be possible somehow to work around a mismatch.)
$fqhost on linux is the result of /bin/hostname, don't know about
wrinkly solaris.  Sometimes setting the hostname for this purpose
conflicts with other purposes or apps on the server.

-Ed