Re: run cfengine with params

Subject: Re: run cfengine with params
From: Christian Pearce
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:13:19 -0500
I tend to agree there.  You could have something that didn't set splay
if it wasn't running for cfexecd.  That seems to be a clean approach.
The parameters for cfexecd and cfagent could use a little cleanup.  It
hasn't bugged me enough to sort through them in their entirety and write
a patch.

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 15:09, Will Lowe wrote:
> > Why don't you run it with a -q?
> Because I'm bad at remembering to do that when I want to run it by
> hand, especially hung over and at 4 am. :)
> We want cfengine to splay when it's run from cron, and not splay
> otherwise.  It's a point of philosophy for me that programs should do
> the normal, common sense thing when run without options, rather than
> requiring me to add silly arguments to enable the default behavior.
> In other words, since cfengine CAN figure this out (via the setup I
> posted), it should (in my environment anyway).
Christian Pearce

Help-cfengine mailing list