help-cfengine@gnu.org

run cfengine with params

Subject: run cfengine with params
From: Dave Stern
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:43:39 -0500
Newsgroups: gnu.cfengine.help
We would like cfengine to run in two different formats yet use the same config file. Is this possible?

Specifically, I'd like an interactive script to use a different value for SplayTime which is defined in control in the config file.

Ideally, I'd like a command line parameter like:
cfengine -f ... -DsPlayTime=1
   for interactive   and
cfengine -f ... -Dsplaytime=60
   for cron

But if this can only be done by defining a class from the command line and having some class stanza that changes splaytime, that would be ok too (just work coding to set). If so, could someone show an example?

TIA