haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: package naming policy

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: package naming policy
From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:13:31 +1000
Don Stewart <dons@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Yes, my intent here is to produce a set of guidelines for maintainers of
> important packages, that ensures we balance stability with innovation.
>
> We have a great document for what to consider when adding packages to
> the HP, for example:
>
>     http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/AddingPackages
>
> But nothing yet for maintainers who want to keep a package moving
> along.

As part of this, we should consider if we want an official process to do
what I've done to kick-off this whole discussion: have a way of telling
users "Oj!  New version coming up with heaps of changes!".  Whilst major
projects might have their own mailing lists, not all users might be
subscribed to them, etc.

Should we stick with what I've done and just email haskell@ and
haskell-cafe@?

--