haskell-cafe@haskell.org

[Haskell-cafe] Re: package naming policy

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Re: package naming policy
From: Henning Thielemann
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:20:45 +0200 CEST

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Don Stewart wrote:

Great points: I've added them to this wiki page of for and against
points:

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries/WhenToRewriteOrRename

Please add points as you see fit, and maybe we can come up with a
mitigation/change plan.

Closely related is the question of module names. 'transformers'+'monads-fd' are somehow an successor of 'mtl' and chose distinct package names, but there were module name clashes. They mostly hurted GHCi users, but this led to a lot of confusion, too.

So the question is, if FGL gets a new name, should it also use different module names?