haskell-cafe@haskell.org

[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.0.0 (web framework)

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: yesod 0.0.0 web framework
From: Gour
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:11:06 +0100
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:18:02 -0800
>>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Snoyman <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael> During the planning of WAI, they mentioned that Happstack
Michael> uses the sendfile system call for optimizing sending of
Michael> static files. WAI includes support for this now (look at the
Michael> type of responseBody), so in theory Happstack could work with
Michael> WAI. In practice, I don't know if they have any plans of
Michael> doing so, though I hope they do.

Yeah, it would be nice.

Otoh, today I read a nice article about RESTful stuff which can
recommend others to pursue 'better-web' (using Haskell, of course),
here it is:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-restful/

Michael> I also wouldn't have a use for mod_haskell, but it seems
Michael> every "cool kid on the block" has it ;).

How do you like other players (Cherokee, nginx,...)?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6